Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sticky Fingers, friends, and protons

left to right: Bonnie Herman, Connie Sarver, Ellen, Tim, Don Sarver, and Bob Herman

Earlier in the week we had a lunch out with the Sarvers and the Hermans at Sticky Fingers, a great BBQ Rib Restaurant just north of here. Wow, the food was very tasty, extremely tender ribs and a choice of 5 different bbq sauces. A great part of the dining experience is the blues music piped through the speakers. Awesome!

We have been having a great time with Don and Connie, as we share, talk, play games and poke around the Jacksonville area. With the cold snap we haven't been to the shore yet, maybe Sunday. Don did most of the work on getting the jack replaced. I think I could do the procedure if I had to, now that I saw what went where. Maybe not, I don't have all the tools Don had to do the job.

Bob and Bonnie left for a state park near the ocean, as Bob has less than 2 weeks left in his treatment. We really miss their little silver bullet Airstream and their caring and loving company. We still see them at the Proton Center, and plan on doing something with them next week.

Treatments are going well....16 to go. I lose count pretty easily, but I think that is accurate. Each treatment goes by so quickly, and time, since starting the treatments, have literally flown by! My gantry crew is awesome, it is obvious they really care and are always so amiable, nice and genuinely smiling. They are always interested in what is going on in my life.

Two of my 'usual' and very nice gantry crew, Kim and Ashley

The lobby at the PTI is like a round table of nice folks all in the same boat, but enjoying the time we have together. Not unusual to have 10 chairs or more pulled into a circle of sharing and talking. What a pleasant experience.
Thought for today: A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

No comments: