Thursday, January 15, 2009

brrrr and BRRRR

The frost was on the pumpkin this morning. Well, there are no pumpkins in sight, but it was on the beautiful crabgrass outside our 5th wheel. Tonight will be worse, as temps are expected to plummet to the low 20s. brrrr.

So diligent RVers must detach and drain water supply hoses and use the fresh water tank and water pump, so we are an 'island' against the harsh winter. Not a big thing though, as we hear the lows in ex-hometown Fort Dodge are over 50 degrees worse...with lows in the minus 20s. Now that's BRRRR!

Today I hope to have Don Sarver help me replace an electric stabilizing jack that I broke over a month ago. I had a brain fart when moving to this site and must have had too much pressure on it and a weld broke, allowing the footpad to be loose and free from the leg of the jack. I am amazed how I can continually screw up---mechanical knowhow is not my strong suit--some are big some are little mistakes, but all are part of the learning process, so in a way this is good. It would be great to cultivate a little bit of 'preventive' understanding of possible consequences of my actions, kind of like measuring twice and cutting only once.

No comments: