Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mr. Tekkie, that's me

Oh yeah, Mr. Tekkie, that's me...I solved my camera download problem by finding out my camera battery was not strong enough to do the operation. I am just so proud of my technical savvy.
So here are some shots of our recent visitors, Alec and Charlton Pendry.


We went to the big Jacksonville Farmer's Market---Here's Alec.

Ellen, Charlton and Alec (with radishes) are some happy produce shoppers. The next photo is not Alec nor I...It is a hyper realist resin sculpture by Marc Siljan. We got to see his exhibit at the Jacksonville Museum of Contemporary Art. He plaster casts live models, then casts the resin into those casts, putting it together with glass eyes, wigs, clothing and a fantastic job of hand painting the figures. Siljan is from my birth city of Milwaukee Wisconsin. These sculptures are eeire to view, like you are getting into someone else's space.

No comments: