Monday, December 22, 2008

Ho Ho Ho

It is just hard for me to understand that it is Christmas time. There is no snow! No Jack Frost nipping at my nose!

However the stores are amazingly crowded, so that may be an indication. We went up to the River City Mall north of I-295, and had trouble finding a parking spot. Well, with our F-450, it always isn't easy to find a 'big enough' parking spot, but I am getting better at finding my way in between the white lines. the lots were nearly full.

With all those shoppers, it is hard to figure the economy is bad, but the news and all sure do remind us we are in a recession. I am sure a lot of folks are not having a very happy time this Holiday Season. We are counting our blessings, fortunate enough to be where I can be treated effectively (6 treatments so far), safe and sound in a warm and cozy fifth wheel, food on the table, and lots of caring sent to us and phoned from so many wonderful friends and family.

It is the most wonderful time of the year.

Wednesday daughter Heather and Pedro and Nayra and Rio will arrive here in Jacksonville and will spend the holiday with us. Now that is a great gift! Merry Christmas to all!


thought for the day: It seems that the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

No comments: