Friday, September 4, 2009

Great Check up for Ellen

Labor Day Weekend...hmmmm....I haven't worked for three years now, but I still get the day off. Retirement sure has hastened the speed with which time flies. I hope all get to enjoy the last taste of summer.

We are in Rochester, MN, where Ellen has gotten another great check up! Hooray!!!! She is still being monitored for repercussions from a thyroidectomy about 5 years ago. The check up was so good that now she has to report back only once a year instead of twice a year. This is great news! We don't return until September of 2010, so this should loosen up our travel schedule. But the best part is that Ellen's blood and mineral levels are doing fine, as is her bone density. We are ecstatic!

I still have my check up in Jacksonville every 6 months, :( but we have decided to have me fly solo from wherever we are for a day or two. We are fortunate to have good friends in Jacksonville, John and Cindy Dahl. John will actually pick me up at the JAX airport, let me use one of their cars to go to my appointment, and then drop me off at the airport!!! Wow, that is simply awesome. This should cut the cost of a trip to JAX by about two-thirds. THANK YOU John and Cindy!

No comments: