Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love is in the air...

Anybody out there reading this, I want to remind you it is Valentine's Day...So do something romantic!!! We are having a nice quiet morning here. Actually, it kind of feels like Valentine's Day every day. Love is in the air....

We will be going to a Valentines dance tonight here at the RV Park. It is good to occasionally dust off the dancing shoes and try to remember some steps we learned from Harold at the Eagles Club in Fort Dodge. Good ol' swivel hips Harold. Cha cha is still a bugger for me, and the two step is my favorite.

Had a nice call last night from Matt, Ellen's son teaching in Colombia. He called to congratulate me on getting through the proton treatment. It is always fun to visit with Matt, maybe because he laughs at my jokes. No seriously, he is a great guy with a free spirit, and fascinating interests like scuba diving and parachuting.

We were finally able to see an Oscar movie yesterday, Slumdog Millionaire. The good guy wins in the end, but throughout, it was tough visual voyage through the slums and ugliness of Mumbai, India. We are so cleanly removed from that kind of squalor. It kind of puts a new perspective on the 'terrible' and 'horrible' financial crisis our country is going through. I don't have a clue what doing without means, and what kind of miserable life I have never come close to. I understand there are a lot of Americans hurting, out of work, and unsure what will happen next....and my heart goes out to them. I have been out of work and unsure of what might happen next, but I cannot imagine being one of millions without food, begging, barefoot, without family.

Hey, if anyone is reading this, I sure would like to know. Please leave a comment, or if you like, email me and let me know. I appreciate it. I am having a good time writing this blog, and I hear from time to time from others reading it, but I am interested to find out who and how many there are looking at this. Thanks!

No comments: