Thursday, November 20, 2008

Three days of fun

Well, it has been three days of 'fun'...I finished my three day work up at the Florida Proton Institute. Don't want to bore you with the grisly details.

Well, maybe a little bit....It could have been worse, but I had several CT Scans, MRIs, and a 12 point needle biopsy, plus the insertion of 4 gold markers stuck in my prostate to help guide the proton beam to the target. With the gold, I came out worth more than I went in, particularly as the stock market was plunging yet again.

The great thing is I am in a fantastic program for my cancer treatment. Every person at FPTI we have come in contact with has been "up", friendly and helpful, as well as understanding. There is such a grand feeling of community here, with the ease of visiting with other patients, and learning from those that are in the later stages of their treament and bonding with the other 'newbies'. Ellen was at her first Wive's Support Group meeting today, where one wife is the cousin to Bob Monteith---fellow teacher at Fort Dodge Senior High! Way down here in Jacksonville! Small world! We are so thankful at this opportunity.

I have my start date for daily (M-F) treatments, and that is Monday, December 15. I will have 39 treatments, and should finish in Mid-February. It has been three days of 'fun', so much so that I crashed for an hour when we got back to the RV at 3 pm.

thought: Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Einstein

No comments: