Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm All In!!!

Thursday was a treat, as we had my first poker night in months! Brian McClain hosted in NE Fort Dodge, and 10 other guys from our old Texas Hold'Em group showed up. It was great to catch up and hear what's been happening with old friends, as well as share how our excel-lent adventure has been going.

Brian's wife laid out quite a spread, with a cream chese ball, little smokies, chips and dips...yum! Of course there was plenty of liquid refreshment. Usually I play better if I drink in moderation, but Thursday I had quite a few Jack and Cokes, and still managed to take home some extra money. Actually it came up to about 9 gallons of diesel fuel, which is kind of sobering in itself! I was very lucky, with the cards coming my way. Good conversation, joking, and music.

Hopefully we can have another poker nite before we leave the Fort Dodge Area. Thanks to Brian, Ryan Reisner, Steve Carse, Joel Greathouse, B J, Phil Trimble, Travis Jass, Mike Zahm, Tony Butler for making a great night for me...oh and Herman Provin for being my designated driver!!!!!

No comments: